I have always loved taking something old and making it new. As you walk around my house you'll find treasures from decades past, that I have given a new life too.
This weekend I took an old wood dresser that I snagged up from Facebook marketplace and turned it into something new for my son's closet - closet update coming soon.
An old oak dresser with holes in the drawers from years of being open and closed on the littleold stoppers, it wasn't much to look at. But I knew I could bring her back to life. The first step was take out all the drawers and give it a good cleaning with a degreaser (I like to mix dawn and white vinegar in a spray bottle). With any project that you are painting you'll want to give it a good sanding too, I like medium grit. After you have cleaned up, and sanded you'll want to take a tack cloth and get up as much dust as you can. You want a nice clean surface for your primer. Since this is for my son's closet I let him pick the color. I though for sure that he was going to pick
Bonfire Nights to match his bedroom wall, however he went with Behr Napoleon. It's not quite blue, or grey and depending on the light source it looks different.
To paint you can use rollers, brushes, or my personal favorite an airless sprayer - I love my Graco 360 airless sprayer. It makes painting so much easier.
Here is the finished product. What do you think?




Post a Comment