SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Taste: Tuesday at 8|7c on ABC

So Influenster has another challenge for me. Reviewing the television show "The Taste". I have watched a few clips and even last weeks episode Daring Parings. To me this show seems like a mash up of "Chopped", "The Voice" and "Master Chef". The Voice you say? Yes this show is judged by one blind taste. Just like the coaches on the "The Voice"only hear the voice before locking in their vote the judges on "The Taste" must lock in their vote after tasting just one; yes one spoonful and without seeing who the chef is. 


The Judges: Anthony Bourdain- Chef and writer. I love his "No Reservations"TV show 
                       Nigella Lawson- British food star
                       Ludovic Lefebvre- Expert chef and author
                       Brian Malarkey - Chef and Restauranteur 

I like that the show lets the judges express themselves complete with expletives bleeped out. 

The constants are a mix of home cooks, personal chefs, caterers and executive chefs. Its a bit interesting watching the judges work out as much as they can about the talents of the chef before they lock in their vote. 

Watching this show I felt like the judges were being easier on the home cooks and more judgmental on the dishes they thought were trying to do too much; mainly from the professional chefs. 

If you like competition shows and food then this is probably the show for you. Me on the other hand not too much of a fan of competition shows except maybe the Next Great Baker but this was quite interesting to watch and I would probably watch it again.

I like the contestant Ninamarie Bojek


Fair Winds and Following Seas 

*Belle*








Post a Comment