SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, May 6, 2022

Wear the Damn Shorts!




As the thermometer rises, please know that you do not have to wait for your body to look a certain way to wear the shorts. You deserve to wear what ever you want NOW!

I have spent the majority of my adult life worrying about what others think of me when I wear shorts or cropped tops. 

I'm here to tell you to WEAR THE DAMN SHORTS!

I'm 35 mom of 2, My thighs are jiggly, I have cellulite, and stretchmarks. I look back now at the times I would say to myself "I'll wear those when.... my thighs are thinner, my stomach is flatter, etc.
When I look in the mirror I see the imperfections, and remind myself that no one is perfect, social media is fake. By focusing on the "problems" I loose sight of what is really important - Being in the moment with my husband, watching my son grow and learn. 

My body may have scars however my legs have carried me through the hospital halls walking out without our daughter, my stomach stretchmarks show the strength it took to bring my son into this world. That scar on my knee is a childhood memory that I won't let my brother and cousins forget. 

Life is too short to agonize over the shorts. Summer in North Carolina is too hot and humid to be wearing pants and long shirts. 

Wear whatever makes YOU feel good, confident, and comfortable. 

Rock out in that top, dress, shorts, swim suit, and know that summer DOES NOT have a size. 










Post a Comment